- Make a huge impact on the future of the Museum
- Inclusive and collaborative team environment
- Culture of Entrepreneurship
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tāmaki Paenga Hira, he waengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pū korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i ngā kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is an influential, and much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland's identity, committed to sharing the story of the city and its people for Aucklanders and visitors to the city through its collections.
Auckland Museum is well underway with delivery of the first phase of its transformational capital works programme and has established a new five-year strategic plan which contains bold ambitions for it to increase reach and impact. As part of this transformation, this new role of Director of Enterprise & Finance has been created.
The key focus of this role is to provide strategic direction, oversight and leadership in the areas of fiscal management, commercial development, and governance and compliance. While you probably started your career in accounting roles and may be a qualified accountant, it is your extensive experience of driving commercial strategy, new business development and market expansion that is of particular interest. You will be able to demonstrate an innovative approach to maximising commercial returns and have an ability to lead and manage teams across a variety of functions including finance, sales, retail, events and tourism.
We are interested in hearing from you if you have:
- Extensive experience of developing and driving commercial strategy
- Managed and developed highly engaged and high performing teams
- Cross–functional executive leadership experience
- Created business cases and benefits realisation tracking
- Strong entrepreneurial and business management skills and can show how you have driven gains in revenue and profit performance
- An ability to develop innovative solutions
You will be joining a close-knit, collaborative and inclusive team who are intent on working together to deliver the Museum’s five year strategy.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 25 June 2018 at 8.00am. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing Document.
For more information please phone Neil Munro on +64 21 612 106, David Hammond on +64 27 444 6368 or Raewyn Brown on +64 21 917 203.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com