- Christchurch based
- New Role to lead from product design to a commercial reality
- Work with Life Sciences nanotechnology products in a high growth company
Founded 14 years ago, Izon Science Ltd is a New Zealand head-quartered start-up that designs, develops, manufactures and sells nanotechnology products for use in medical research around the world, including instruments (ie hardware, electronics and software), and laboratory consumables. The world leading manufacturer of nano-biological separation and characterisation tools, Izon’s customers include most of the top universities in the world (Oxford, Harvard, Cambridge etc), medical research institutes such as Mayo Clinic, NIH, and a large number of life sciences companies from start-ups to global enterprises, across 45 countries.
Izon sets out to provide real solutions for its customers and partners, not just products. Working closely with customers to understand their needs, they design it, build it, and test it to meet the necessary quality standards. Continuously learning and developing as a company, they expect their technology platforms, products and the way they operate to undergo constant development for the benefit of all users.
As a global business, Izon is experiencing exponential growth, and the Operations Manager is a newly created position reporting to the CEO.
As Operations Manager you will be responsible for:
- Running the Christchurch (HQ) Operation,
- Managing the production of instruments and laboratory consumables for market
- Leading a team of experts
- Making commercial decisions to keep quality high, stock well controlled, and responsive and timely service delivery to Izon’s global offices and to local regional customers
- Managing the Quality System, with a focus on improvement and innovation
- Overseeing R&D and prototype/product development through to market release standard
- Developing and leading plans to semi-automate the production processes
- Interaction and coordination with sales and marketing teams.
This is an exceptional opportunity to drive production, product development and operations. Izon are looking for a person with:
- Full product lifecycle experience
- Technical competence - understanding the technology and its applications
- Experience working in a growth industry – highly flexible and adaptable
- A commercial focus
- Passion for solving both production and product development problems
- Highly developed organisation skills with a focus on achieving results and meeting deadlines
- Skill in leading change as the business grows
- Sound judgement and a willingness to be decisive when needed
- A preference for an autonomous role
- A qualification in Engineering or relevant field.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 20 January 2019. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Position Description.
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 274 478 102.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com