- Upper South Island Territory
- Leadership Through Change
- Report Directly to the General Manager
Alliance Group Limited is one of New Zealand’s largest organisations, with over 5000 employees across NZ, London and Singapore and with an annual turnover of $1.7b they are proudly 100% kiwi owned, and a global leader in procuring, processing and exporting some of the world’s finest premium red meat products all over the world. As New Zealand’s only 100% farmer owned red meat co-operative, their committed farmer shareholders are at the heart of everything they do. This role will provide you with an unrivalled opportunity to support and deliver on that vision.
Based in Christchurch reporting directly to the General Manager Livestock and as a member of the livestock management team, this senior role provides leadership and support to the regional livestock team of 14 staff to achieve livestock volumes and margin growth, as well as an improved customer focus.
Opportunities for this position include:
- An excellent potential for business development and growth in this region
- Coaching the team to increase effective shareholder communication, satisfaction levels & loyalty
- Lead the team to achieve key business objectives & improve account management disciplines
- Expand and strengthen AGL’s shareholder & supplier network, developing strong and positive relationships
- Develop and execute procurement strategy & regional business plans supported by new business development strategies.
- Focus on financial management and monitoring of performance targets
- Improve compliance with environmental, animal welfare and regulatory requirements for farming operations.
Successful candidates will be tech savvy and commercially astute, along with a demonstrated history of successful sales team leadership and the delivery of profitable business growth. Previous experience in a rural service sector relationship management role is essential, along with credibility and a sound knowledge of pastoral farming and livestock procurement with existing networks into rural communities.
You will have excellent experience coaching and building capability, along with a track record of visible leadership and bringing a strong customer service focus to add value. Skilled in leading sales strategy and business development, you will be a resilient, tenacious and proactive professional who has demonstrated experience successfully leading a team on a journey through change. Our preference is for you to be tertiary qualified, however this is not compulsory. Location is Christchurch, however could be upper South Island.
This key leadership role represents an exciting opportunity to help facilitate the strategic change and growth required for one of New Zealands’ largest companies.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Position Description.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367
To apply use application form or email email@example.com