Values Based Senior Leadership Role
Positively Contribute to a Strong School Community
Founded in 1850, Christ’s College is an independent day and boarding school, teaching boys from Year 9 to Year 13 and is affiliated with the Anglican Church of New Zealand. College is an environment where innovation and excellence are wrapped in tradition. They support and inspire students to always aim high and achieve their best, preparing young men with the skills and attitudes they need to succeed in life.
Christ’s College have a clear vision ... “To educate boys to be virtuous men who make a positive contribution to society”; and mission … “Each boy at his best”.
As a member of the College Executive, the Director of Finance & Operations is accountable to the Executive Principal and leads a diverse portfolio of financial, investment, human resources, and property responsibilities that impact across all layers of College life, enabling the implementation of the school’s strategic intent. This is a senior leadership role in a school where financial and property management is of vital strategic significance and is critical to the successful delivery of their mission.
Participating in all aspects of strategic planning, initiating and leading a variety of projects, the Director of Finance & Operations will work collegially with all staff to facilitate new ideas and initiatives across all aspects of College life. On a monthly basis the role is responsible for preparing financial, investment and property reports for the Board and the Board’s Finance, Investment and Audit Committee. The role also leads operations that support the growth and advancement of Christ’s College for the benefit of students and the wider College community.
Christ’s College is looking for a person with:
- A tertiary qualification in a management or business-related field, with a Chartered Accountancy qualification
- Demonstrated values-based leadership
- Proven strategic financial management skills and strong commercial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to foster trust and team cohesion and mentor direct reports
- Professionalism and the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with College staff to develop professional relationships
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically
- An understanding of the New Zealand education and independent schools’ climate
- A passion for serving a common purpose and participating in a strong school community, with a generosity of spirit.
The successful candidate will be able to articulate and demonstrate a commitment to the school’s values: honesty, respect, learning, spirituality, justice, compassion and stewardship.
This role is well remunerated with associated benefits for the successful candidate.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Position Description.
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 274 478 102.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com