- Newly Created Leadership Position
- Help Shape the Future of the City
- Busy City Development Team
- Dunedin Location
About The Role:
As a member of the City Development leadership team, reporting to the Manager City Development, you will lead & develop a new team of professionals including urban design, biodiversity & heritage advisors.
Your team will be highly focused on planning for the growing city, ensuring growth & development happens in a way that delivers a high-quality urban fabric, while maintaining & enhancing the unique character of Dunedin. You will be responsible to:
- Coach and develop a high performing team of dedicated professionals, developing, prioritising and monitoring the programme of work
- Deliver high quality advice for positive urban design outcomes in the Spatial Plan, District Plan, resource consents process & capital-delivery areas
- Programme manage urban amenity improvement projects led by your team and as part of wider projects across the Council
- Provide advisory services as part of resource consent and other planning processes
The City Development team is a great place to work, where you will grow professionally, feel valued, maintain a healthy work-life balance and have meaningful opportunities to make an impact on the community. If you want to play an integral part in making Dunedin one of the world's great small cities, then we would love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
You will be an experienced urban designer, with technical expertise in subdivision design, heritage, or spatial planning to complement the skills of the rest of the team. Ideally, you will have:
- Excellent leadership skills with proven experience coaching and building capability across a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability in successful project or programme management
- Good relationship management skills, organisational skills and proven experience collaborating effectively with a range of stakeholders
- An understanding of the local government environment and relevant legislation
- An appropriate tertiary degree in Urban Design or a closely related discipline.
About the Company:
Dunedin City Council has set a clear vision for Dunedin to be “One of the World’s Great Small Cities”. This is focused on fostering a city with a thriving economy and a healthy environment with an active, creative, resilient and vibrant community. The City of Dunedin is one of New Zealand’s progressive urban centres with a population of 130,000. Renowned for its outstanding quality of life, heritage buildings and international reputation as a centre for tertiary education, it also has strengths in the primary sector, engineering, information technology and tourism.
Dunedin City Council Vision
“One of the World’s great small cities”
Values and Practices
Kotahitanga: at the Dunedin City Council we work together to be:
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 14 November 2021. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com