- A global company committed to supporting NZ’s food and fibre sector
- Supporting the team to produce quality seed
- Canterbury based
About The Role
The Seed Production Team oversees all production of proprietary forage and turf seed crops for the Barenbrug Group, ensuring the crops meet Barenbrug’s quality and quantity requirements – providing farmers with the best pasture they can grow.
The Production Support Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Seed Production Team to maintain the smooth running of the company’s seed production activities, including:
- Input and maintenance of seed production records across multiple platforms
- Administration of grower contracts
- Assisting with planning, managing and organising the seed processing operations
- Data management, documentation, and records management
- Customer service to both internal and external customers as a key contact
This position is based at Barenbrug’s research farm and head office at Courtenay.
This is a full-time role.
Skills & Experience
- Strong customer service ethic with internal and external customers
- Strong administrative and organisational skills, with attention to detail
- Strong data management skills including data entry and reporting from IT. Experience with an ERP system and databases would be an advantage
- Effective interpersonal and relationship skills including communicating, liaising and collaborating
- Team focused, with the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others
- Commitment to quality and timeliness, with a focus on improvement and enthusiasm to learn
- Willingness to take ownership and be held accountable
- Affinity with agribusiness
Barenbrug has a great company culture and generously invests in training and development opportunities for staff. Competitive remuneration rates together with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, life and income protection insurance are also offered.
About the Company
Barenbrug New Zealand is the local representative of the global Barenbrug Group – a global company playing a major role in New Zealand’s food and fibre sector.
Barenbrug believes the future of New Zealand’s agricultural industry lies in the increased use and efficiency of home-grown feed. They have been leaders in this field for over 34 years, as a trusted supplier of both innovative products, and advisor to maximise the on farm value of these products. See link Committed to Innovation. Committed to farming.
It is also their belief the future of New Zealand agriculture depends on great people, which is why they have a strong focus on supporting staff to grow and develop for both their benefit and that of the industry as a whole. Barenbrug contributes locally to their community, volunteering time and resources.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 1 August 2021. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document, including a position description.
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 (0)274 478 102.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com