Reference Number: 708856aa
• Key leadership role across a large Cooperative
• Engaged and supportive executive
• Christchurch based
Foodstuffs South Island Limited (FSSI), 100% New Zealand owned and operated, is a major retail and wholesaling co-operative focused on providing the best shopping experience possible and value to its customers and member shareholders throughout the South Island. Their brands include PAK’nSAVE, New World, Four Square, Raeward Fresh, On the Spot, Henry’s Beer Wine and Spirits and Trents Wholesale. The Co-operative provides a wide range of services to its members including the co-ordination of policy and activities, technology, marketing initiatives, public relations, training and development, and accounting support.
Reporting directly to the Organisational Development and Wellbeing Manager, this senior role represents an excellent opportunity for an experienced health & safety leader to develop and promote a strong health & safety culture (including systems) throughout all FSSI sites, as well as manage the ACC Programme and the wellbeing initiatives. With solid foundations already in place and a highly supportive executive team, significant progress has already been achieved with the health and safety culture. Our logo of “Home Safe Every Day” is taken very seriously. The key focus of this role will be to:
• Develop and enable the H&S strategy, leading the organisation’s commitment to providing a healthy and safe working environment for everyone
• Manage the FSSI Health and Safety systems, ensuring legal compliance and management reporting
• Deliver the health and wellbeing initiatives
• Manage and administer the company ACC programme.
Successful candidates will have:
• Experience developing/executing strategy and frameworks for health and safety, alongside the development of operational plans
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in ACC related and Health and Safety and Rehabilitation – preferably at Management level
• A good working knowledge of ACC, Health and Safety and Injury Management principles and guidelines
• Strong investigative skills
• Experience with H&S systems (preferably using Vault)
• Demonstrated success using a modern and sustainable approach to health & safety.
• A successful background in the development of relationships with internal operational staff
• Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team incorporating professional and non-professional persons
• A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable but not essential.
Your style, fit and leadership skills are crucial to this role and we seek a candidate who understands and model’s behaviours in line with our values and culture. You will:
• Enjoy playing a key role in a successful team
• Be experienced in building trusting relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
• Have a collaborative and practical approach with strong implementation skills and the ability to roll up your sleeves when needed
• Be an effective communicator with excellent emotional intelligence.
This key senior health and safety leadership role represents a rare opportunity to develop, implement and lead an enduring health and safety culture in one of the South Islands’ largest Cooperatives.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent Director and Chair sought for Whai Maia Ltd, to advance the cultural, social and environmental aspirations of Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei peoples.
Make a meaningful impact on how cancer services are delivered by assisting with the establishment of the Northern Region Integrated Cancer Service.
An exciting opportunity to contribute your asset management and planning experience to the vibrant Rangitikei District.
Contact us at any of our New Zealand locations:
Ph +64 9 377 3119
Ph: +64 4 471 0122
Ph +64 3 379 7334
Peter Bamford - Director, CoveKinloch
John Robertson - Chief Commissioner, Kaipara District Council
Heiko Jonkers - Executive Director Risk, NZ Dairy
Sir Bob Parker - Executive Chair, New Urban Group
Dermot Martin - CEO, Unimed
Tony Bonne - Mayor, Whakatane District Council
Pam Newlove - Partner, Grant Thornton
Cathy Cooney - Director, Kowhai Health Associates
Mariano Mendonza - Senior HR Advisor, Aviation Security
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT US
sourcing, selecting and shaping leaders
Copyright 2018 Sheffield
// Responsive Design & Development by NetPotential //