Hutt Valley District Health Board and Capital & Coast District Health Board provide hospital and healthcare services for the people of the greater Wellington, Kāpiti and Hutt regions. The DHBs work together to plan and deliver primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare services for a diverse and growing population of approximately 450,000 people. We know that by taking this collaborative approach, we can deliver better health outcomes for our communities - Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai.
Patients, whānau, and communities are at the heart of all the work we do. We are values based, pro-equity organisations with a strategic focus on improving health outcomes for Māori, Pacific peoples, and the disability community. We actively lead and support our staff to apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi to their practice.
The DHBs are led by one Executive Leadership Team of which the Executive Director Clinical Excellence 2DHB will be an active member. We are looking for an experienced clinical leader who can fill this role.
The successful candidate will be a champion of change, growth and development. They will be responsible for encouraging, fostering and supporting a multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach to the management and development of health services across both DHBs and wider sub-regional and regional health systems in an environment that demonstrates Manaakitanga – respect, caring and kindness.
This role presents a unique opportunity to lead a significant and meaningful change and improvement process within both HVDHB and CCDHB that has our communities and their needs at its core, and therefore requires an executive with significant relationship and stakeholder management skills, able to create strong and effective working relationships across both internal and external key stakeholders. The successful candidate will have a track-record of success in leading the on-going development and implementation of a patient and whānau centred model of care and be capable to provide strategic leadership that ensures the successful delivery of clinical excellence and service quality. They will also provide professional advice to the Executive Leadership Team and the Boards on clinical governance matters.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Relevant post graduate qualification in health, business or related field (a health professional qualification is preferred)
- A minimum of a Masters level education or equivalent qualifications and experience
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Significant senior management experience with a track record of strategic leadership in a large and complex organisation. Includes the development of business/service plans
- Knowledge and experience of applying equity considerations in service design and delivery
- Experience of leading and implementing significant change to systems, processes and people
- Experience in introducing innovation and service development initiatives
- Experience of building a framework for action in relation to skill building in improvement and leadership for improvement across the health system
The position offers a competitive remuneration package, as well as an opportunity for career growth.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, please get in touch by selecting the application link below.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 1st December 2020. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Position Description.
For more information please phone Sheree Applegarth on +64 27 989466.
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org