Only two hours north of Wellington and with a population of over 90,000, Palmerston North is a growing and innovative regional hub. With over $3 billion of Government and Private capital investment into the wider region, Manawatu-Whanganui is considered a surge region.. Bordered by mountain ranges, beaches, rivers and farmland, and with an average city commute of 10 minutes, there are ample opportunities to enjoy family time, outdoor adventures, hobbies or interests.
Within the City, Palmerston North Airport serves as an asset of regional and national importance managed by Palmerston North Airport Limited (PNAL). PNAL provides a range of aeronautical and commercial services, including Ruapehu Business Park. A council-controlled organisation, PNAL is community owned and committed to providing outstanding service to both visitors and residents of the region. With demand for airport proximity at an all-time high, PNAL is entering a new and exciting era. There is a major focus on asset regeneration, income diversification including the further development of Ruapehu Business Park, and a major terminal redevelopment.
With these developments in mind, PNAL is now seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Capital Projects and Asset Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this senior Manager has several areas of responsibility, including:
- Oversight of key infrastructure development projects, including land subdivision planning and development within Ruapehu Business Park.
- Responsibility for the ongoing development of the company’s asset management plan, and its maintenance, ensuring that the company’s assets are managed to maximise their long-term value to shareholders.
- Manage, refine and implement the Company’s 20-year capital and maintenance works program.
- Shared responsibility for the delivery of the Company’s $18 million Terminal Development Plan.
- Provide leadership to the Infrastructure Development Engineer through a combination of guidance, knowledge transfer, training, support, motivation, and delegation.
Preferred candidates will ideally hold a tertiary level civil engineering (or similar) qualification, and/or CPEng qualification with New Zealand experience in both infrastructure project delivery, as well as the oversight of asset management plans. Experience within a similar sector is not required, but it will be important for candidates to have delivered similarly technical advisory and management services. Given the breadth of stakeholders to whom this role partners, excellent relationship management skills are essential. An ability to balance commercial and community aspirations will be a hallmark of success in this role.
For those wanting to join a high performing team and further enhance their leadership and sector experience, this opportunity represents a compelling next career step.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 23rd July 2021 at 9.00am. Emails will be electronically acknowledged, and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Position Description.
For more information please phone Nicholas Buck +64 27 474 5366.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com