Inland Revenue plays a critical role in improving New Zealanders’ economic and social wellbeing. IR collects 80% of the Crown's revenue, as well as collecting and disbursing social support payments, and providing the government with policy advice. We understand our role within the public service, and we strive to be professional, approachable, effective, and efficient.
Given the importance of what we do, it is crucial that we respond to meet the changing and increasing needs of New Zealanders. Information and system security is therefore a critical priority for us, as it is for all New Zealanders. In everything we do, we are committed to the highest standard of data and systems protection.
Currently, IR is seeking to appoint a vision and values led Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to develop the strategic direction for enterprise information security. This role will ensure that IR has leading, networked and future focused information and system security standards. Its remit is to ensure that the organisation is safe from multifaceted and complex risk ensuring its strategy and aspirations are fully reflected in the ways it works.
Reporting to the Deputy Commissioner, Enterprise Design, and Integrity, you will be inclusive, collaborative and consultative in your approach to strategic architecture, investment, and transformation. With a background in comparable ecosystems, you will have demonstrated expertise in risk based technical leadership.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- A commitment to forge strong internal, external, and third-party partnerships that optimise system and information security performance.
- Generous leadership that actively seeks out opportunities to share and embed your expertise.
- Experience in complex decision making that reflects a range of financial and community bottom lines.
- A One Team approach to management, with a commitment to team delivery, empathy and empowerment.
- Importantly, a deep and applied understanding of how best practice in this area integrates with the mission of the broader organisation/sector.
For those seeking a dynamic and challenging role at the forefront of information and systems security, this role represents a compelling next career step.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 23rd August 2021 at 9.00am. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Please click here to view the Candidate Briefing Information.
For more information please phone Ben Stevenson on +64 21 612 106.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com