About the Role
The Director - Property will lead the Property Team in the planning, delivery, and performance of property assets that support policing, aligning with Police’s Strategic Intent for Property and ensuring trust and confidence with both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a varied role, whereby every asset is different - from small residential Police facilities, to large commercial buildings like the National HQ. You will lead a team that is responsible for activities such as lease renewals, sales and purchases, new builds, repurposing, and disposal of assets.
You will bring an innovative mindsight to this role that will foster new ideas to these commercial scenarios to enable the Police to optimise their operational and capital expenditure, while also maximising the opportunity for future community engagement.
Managing relationships will also be a significant part to this position, including Iwi, suppliers, and partners, eg Ministry of Justice.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, the Director - Property will:
- Have leadership experience of a complex property portfolio within a public or private sector organisation.
- Have a proven track record in property portfolio planning, performance measurement and monitoring, property management, and lease and facilities management.
- Have strong interpersonal and relationships management skills, displaying honesty and integrity.
- Have a strong understanding of property-related standards, regulation, and legislation.
- Have experience in managing large contracts in a service driven and ‘value for money’ environment.
- Be able to plan and report on complex portfolio matters to help inform prioritisation and sound investment decisions.
- Communicate in a clear, persuasive, and impactful way to influence others.
Additionally, you will be able to demonstrate alignment to the core capabilities of a strategic leader outlined here.
For those seeking a challenging position that will directly support the essential role of New Zealand Police in our communities, this role represents a compelling next career step.
About the Company
New Zealand Police is the lead agency responsible for reducing crime and enhancing community safety. We work in partnership with individuals, communities, businesses, and other public sector agencies to achieve our vision to make New Zealand the safest country.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 28 January 2022 at 5.00 pm. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document.
For more information please phone Ben Stevenson on +64 21 612 106.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com