Wellington is a vibrant, progressive and ambitious city, known globally as one of the best Capitals in which to work and live. The centre of government, Wellington is always humming with its diverse range of cultural, commercial, sporting and community activities. In this context, Wellington City Council (WCC) provides over 400 services to more than 200,000 residents and is committed to enhancing the wellbeing of everyone who lives here.
Within WCC, the People and Culture Group vision is Working in partnership across Council to create a high performing, safe, happy and healthy workplace for all, enabling our people to deliver great services to our communities. To achieve this, our team provides quality, tailored advice and support, develops strategic partnerships, and understands the diverse and different parts of the business.
Currently our People and Culture Group is seeking a Senior HR Business Partner to join the team and contribute to this vision. Great candidates for the role will be able to quickly develop sound business knowledge, and bring generalist understanding in order to provide tactical HR solutions. This role will:
• Co-design, deliver and implement identified strategic people initiatives, projects and services.
• Support strategic change initiatives and manage the associated people risk effectively and sensibly.
• Provide the full range of generalist operational services and support across the employee lifecycle areas. Offering sound advice to people and people leaders in their assigned portfolio.
• Develop and influence the organisation to ensure people are the priority, through implementation of innovative and pragmatic service delivery.
• Coach and mentor the HR Business Partners, people leaders and staff on a range of generalist functions.
• Lift people engagement and encourage the demonstration of WCC values.
This role would suit an expert HR generalist with a well-developed knowledge of employment legislation. You will be a critical thinker who is solutions-oriented, with an ability to build collegial, durable relationships with WCC’s senior leadership. Resilience, technical competence and an ability to work in an evolving environment will be hallmarks of success in this role. For those seeking a fantastic opportunity in a team committed to community service, this role represents a compelling next career step.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 13th January 2022, 9am. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Position Description.
For more information please phone Nick Buck on +64 27 474 5366.
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org